Parenting in Cities

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Teachers as Role Model

The influence that Teachers have over children is something one has to experience. I remember an incident which show cased just that, I and my husband sat once with our elder son Jay and explained about the Sun being a star and planets in solar system.

After few weeks he learnt at the school about the solar system, he came home to tell me that Sun is the closest star to us. When I asked him who taught you all of this?, I was in for a shock when he mentioned his teacher. All the effort put on the weekend had just been credited to the teacher. As my son put it "You told me about Sun and planets, but my teacher taught me about Solar System, you never mentioned about comets."

Whatever the teacher says or teaches becomes a gospel truth, and this is true for most of the children. A good teacher just by being someone a child aspires to be, that is a role model, can put him or her on the right track for the rest of his/her life.

Teachers can do immense good to a troubled child if they are empathetic, gentle and have time and the inclination. Often teachers who are loving and caring are able to make a special place in the child's heart and are loved forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home